Frequently asked questions
You'll probably find the answer to your question here, if not, feel free to contact us!
Where do I sign up?
You can sign up for a free account on this page.
How can I get free stuff from the member shop?
Check out the instruction in the Member shop.
I want to receive less or no e-mails anymore, what can I do?
When you're logged in, go to your own skatebook profile. In the sidebar of that page, you can see an 'edit profile' button. There you can select or deselect notification e-mails.
Another way is click the 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of any e-mail you received from how2skate. This will allow you to select or deselect which notification e-mails you would like to receive.
How can I remove my account?
We can manually remove your account for you. Contact us with the e-mail address that you registered with, also include your username and motivation why you want to remove your account (the motivation is optional, but helps us to improve the site).
I forgot my password, how can I get it back?
Simply fill in your e-mail address on this page and we'll mail you the instructions to get a password!
I can't log in anymore! What happened?
There's a number of things that can cause this, here's some basic steps you can try to solve it:
- Does your browser accept cookies? If not: enable it! You can do this in the settings of your browser.
- Now clear all your current cookies.
- Refresh this website and try to log in again.
If this didn't fix it, please contact us!
I'm trying to upload a picture, but it won't work. What can I do?
Uploading pictures only works in modern browsers. Try Chrome of Firefox, or upgrade your Internet Explorer to the latest version.
If you're already using a modern browser, make sure your picture meets these requirements:
- Only the following file extensions are allowed: .jpg or .png or .gif
- Your picture filesize can be no larger than 5MB (MegaBytes).
- The filename can not contain any spaces (and try to avoid other special characters such as slashes, accents on letters, ...).
You can decrease file size or change the file extension by opening the image in Paint and saving it as a .jpg file.
If you think your file meets these requirements, and the upload still fails, please contact us.
How can I add trick tips or guides to the site?
E-mail us what you wrote (together with your username), and if it meets the requirements below, we'll post it on the site and reward you with a little coin bonus!
- All the text has to be written by yourself in (good) English.
- Some content (such as trick tips) requires pictures/video clips. We won't post trick tips without pictures OR a video clip. Also, it can't be a picture or video you found somewhere on the web, all material has to be yours (or one of your friends, with their permission).
Thanks for the help!
I wrote a blog, but it doesn't appear on the blog page.
All blogs need to be manually approved by a moderator. This can take a while, because we're human being and need sleep from time to time.
I completed a survey, but didn't receive any coins.
First of all make sure that you completed the survey until the end. Sometimes there is an e-mail validation link that you need to click.
If you're sure you completely finished every step of the survey, please be patient. It can take up to 24 hours for the coins to appear on your account.
If after 24 hours you still didn't receive your coins, please contact us and we will look into it as soon as possible.