Trukfit

Hey, guys. I know this is kind of a controversial topic in the skateboard industry, but, I wanted to see what everyone's views and opinions are on Trukfit and Li'l Wayne starting to "become" a part of the skateboarding industry. I won't post my personal opinion on this until a few people have posted their thoughts just so my opinion doesn't sway the opinions of the people who are on the fence about it.

edit Last edited by Brianowennn 2 years ago

Hey, guys. I know this is kind of a controversial topic in the skateboard industry, but, I wanted to see what everyone's views and opinions are on Trukfit and Li'l Wayne starting to "become" a part of the skateboarding industry. I won't post my personal opinion on this until a few people have posted their thoughts just so my opinion doesn't sway the opinions of the people who are on the fence about it.

Brianowennn
2 years ago

quote quote

never herd of it. unitl now
never herd of it. unitl now

edit Last edited by felinemax 2 years ago

felinemax
2 years ago

Yeah, it's still reletively new. Basically it's a company Li'l Wayne started that's primarily geared towards skaters. It has a lot of skaters mad because he can barely skate and has not been involved with skate culture, yet he's been announcing and making appearances at the X-games, Street league and Tampa pro. A lot of people are really upset about it, I just want to see how you guys feel about it.
Yeah, it's still reletively new. Basically it's a company Li'l Wayne started that's primarily geared towards skaters. It has a lot of skaters mad because he can barely skate and has not been involved with skate culture, yet he's been announcing and making appearances at the X-games, Street league and Tampa pro. A lot of people are really upset about it, I just want to see how you guys feel about it.

Brianowennn
2 years ago

Dude I'm sorry but I think it's terrible. He can barely do a pop shuv and he thinks he can jump on the cover of skate mags and crap. I deserve it more than that guy. It's not jealousy it's just common sense. If he likes skating, cool. But trying to make a name in skateboarding before your even able to do so yourself. Nah, not cool with that.
Dude I'm sorry but I think it's terrible. He can barely do a pop shuv and he thinks he can jump on the cover of skate mags and crap. I deserve it more than that guy. It's not jealousy it's just common sense. If he likes skating, cool. But trying to make a name in skateboarding before your even able to do so yourself. Nah, not cool with that.

Jerry_Fisher
2 years ago

Jerry Fisher, no need to apologize, dude, I feel the same way. He did nothing to earn any of this, it was all handed to him just because he's famous and wakes up one day and decides he likes skateboarding. If he wants to learn to skate, more power to him, but he just picks up a skateboard and all of a sudden he and a bunch of other people think he's the messiah of skateboarding. It's pretty sad. It just goes to show that if you're rich and famous you can do literally anything and people will praise you for it. So long story short, I personally think Little Wayne trying to break into the skateboarding industry is a complete travesty. He has no real love for skating like we do, once he falls hard enough he'll just be on to something else.
Jerry Fisher, no need to apologize, dude, I feel the same way. He did nothing to earn any of this, it was all handed to him just because he's famous and wakes up one day and decides he likes skateboarding. If he wants to learn to skate, more power to him, but he just picks up a skateboard and all of a sudden he and a bunch of other people think he's the messiah of skateboarding. It's pretty sad. It just goes to show that if you're rich and famous you can do literally anything and people will praise you for it. So long story short, I personally think Little Wayne trying to break into the skateboarding industry is a complete travesty. He has no real love for skating like we do, once he falls hard enough he'll just be on to something else.

edit Last edited by Brianowennn 2 years ago

Brianowennn
2 years ago

Well said, amen. (H)
Well said, amen.

Jerry_Fisher
2 years ago

lol didnt knew about that :O he came to one on the skateparks near me :@ anyways maybe hes just getting the publicity because hes famous and not because he wants it ;) personally i dont like it
lol didnt knew about that he came to one on the skateparks near me anyways maybe hes just getting the publicity because hes famous and not because he wants it personally i dont like it

lycan
2 years ago

I haven't heard of it and its not in the skateshops here as far as I know.
I haven't heard of it and its not in the skateshops here as far as I know.

Switchfoot
2 years ago

Switchfoot, it's in bigger conglomerate(conglomerate in the sense that they don't only sell skate stuff and are geared towards a more commercial market and sell anything that will make them more money) skate shops, like CCS, Zumies etc. I doubt any real hardcore skate shop will carry it due to the reasons above and how many skaters disagree with it. I have nothing against CCS, I love them, but in all honesty it's a big business and they're gonna' sell what will make them the most money regardless of our opinion.
Switchfoot, it's in bigger conglomerate(conglomerate in the sense that they don't only sell skate stuff and are geared towards a more commercial market and sell anything that will make them more money) skate shops, like CCS, Zumies etc. I doubt any real hardcore skate shop will carry it due to the reasons above and how many skaters disagree with it. I have nothing against CCS, I love them, but in all honesty it's a big business and they're gonna' sell what will make them the most money regardless of our opinion.

Brianowennn
2 years ago

Oh yep, we don't really have any of those CCS/Zumies in New Zealand, the biggest chain of skate shops here has like 8 shops nationwide :D
Oh yep, we don't really have any of those CCS/Zumies in New Zealand, the biggest chain of skate shops here has like 8 shops nationwide

Switchfoot
2 years ago

Haha, wow! You're lucky! Small skate shops are the best because they're all about the love of skating.
Haha, wow! You're lucky! Small skate shops are the best because they're all about the love of skating.

Brianowennn
2 years ago

Join the fun!

join

Create your free skateboard profile with image and video gallery.

arrow
join

Earn coins

Receive coins for posting messages, winning contests and invitinging friends.

arrow
join

Free stuff

Exchange your coins in the member shop for free skateboard parts & completes!

Create your own free skateboard profile with image and video gallery now in less than 2 minutes!

Members can post comments, vote in polls and open new discussion topics.

And best of all, we reward all our active members with free skateboard stuff from our member shop, where everything is completely free!

Skateboarding

Skateboard talk
Talk about skateboarding here.
[5458 topics]
Skateboard media
Post video clips and pictures of you, your team or just any skater you like.
[494 topics]
Trick help
Having problems with a certain skateboard trick? Our experts will help you here.
[1188 topics]
Rate me
Compare yourself against other skaters and find out how good you are. Pictures or video clips preferred, no lying!
[195 topics]
Game of skate
Compete in one of our skateboard games.
[218 topics]
Skateboard product reviews
Discuss skateboard products: decks, trucks, shoes, skateboard movies, ...
[490 topics]

Community

Introduce yourself
New members, introduce yourselves here. Pictures are preferred, but not required.
[455 topics]
Community talk
Talk about everything you want.
[908 topics]
Music
What music do you like? This is also the place to introduce your band.
[449 topics]
Suggestions
Talk about everything you like or dislike about the site, and what you would like to see improved.
[387 topics]