skateboard
Jacob_Edwards

Skateboard Lessons, Nationwide. Enroll Now.

Trukfit

Brianowennn
Brianowennn
Hey, guys. I know this is kind of a controversial topic in the skateboard industry, but, I wanted to see what everyone's views and opinions are on Trukfit and Li'l Wayne starting to "become" a part of the skateboarding industry. I won't post my personal opinion on this until a few people have posted their thoughts just so my opinion doesn't sway the opinions of the people who are on the fence about it.

15 July 2012 at 22:08

Hey, guys. I know this is kind of a controversial topic in the skateboard industry, but, I wanted to see what everyone's views and opinions are on Trukfit and Li'l Wayne starting to "become" a part of the skateboarding industry. I won't post my personal opinion on this until a few people have posted their thoughts just so my opinion doesn't sway the opinions of the people who are on the fence about it.

Last edited by Brianowennn 15 July 2012 at 22:10

felinemax
felinemax
never herd of it. unitl now

15 July 2012 at 23:56

never herd of it. unitl now

Last edited by felinemax 15 July 2012 at 23:56

Brianowennn
Brianowennn
Yeah, it's still reletively new. Basically it's a company Li'l Wayne started that's primarily geared towards skaters. It has a lot of skaters mad because he can barely skate and has not been involved with skate culture, yet he's been announcing and making appearances at the X-games, Street league and Tampa pro. A lot of people are really upset about it, I just want to see how you guys feel about it.

16 July 2012 at 12:17

Yeah, it's still reletively new. Basically it's a company Li'l Wayne started that's primarily geared towards skaters. It has a lot of skaters mad because he can barely skate and has not been involved with skate culture, yet he's been announcing and making appearances at the X-games, Street league and Tampa pro. A lot of people are really upset about it, I just want to see how you guys feel about it.
Jerry_Fisher
Jerry_Fisher
Dude I'm sorry but I think it's terrible. He can barely do a pop shuv and he thinks he can jump on the cover of skate mags and crap. I deserve it more than that guy. It's not jealousy it's just common sense. If he likes skating, cool. But trying to make a name in skateboarding before your even able to do so yourself. Nah, not cool with that.

17 July 2012 at 02:36

Dude I'm sorry but I think it's terrible. He can barely do a pop shuv and he thinks he can jump on the cover of skate mags and crap. I deserve it more than that guy. It's not jealousy it's just common sense. If he likes skating, cool. But trying to make a name in skateboarding before your even able to do so yourself. Nah, not cool with that.
Brianowennn
Brianowennn
Jerry Fisher, no need to apologize, dude, I feel the same way. He did nothing to earn any of this, it was all handed to him just because he's famous and wakes up one day and decides he likes skateboarding. If he wants to learn to skate, more power to him, but he just picks up a skateboard and all of a sudden he and a bunch of other people think he's the messiah of skateboarding. It's pretty sad. It just goes to show that if you're rich and famous you can do literally anything and people will praise you for it. So long story short, I personally think Little Wayne trying to break into the skateboarding industry is a complete travesty. He has no real love for skating like we do, once he falls hard enough he'll just be on to something else.

17 July 2012 at 07:57

Jerry Fisher, no need to apologize, dude, I feel the same way. He did nothing to earn any of this, it was all handed to him just because he's famous and wakes up one day and decides he likes skateboarding. If he wants to learn to skate, more power to him, but he just picks up a skateboard and all of a sudden he and a bunch of other people think he's the messiah of skateboarding. It's pretty sad. It just goes to show that if you're rich and famous you can do literally anything and people will praise you for it. So long story short, I personally think Little Wayne trying to break into the skateboarding industry is a complete travesty. He has no real love for skating like we do, once he falls hard enough he'll just be on to something else.

Last edited by Brianowennn 17 July 2012 at 07:57

Jerry_Fisher
Jerry_Fisher
Well said, amen. (H)

17 July 2012 at 11:48

Well said, amen.
lycan
lycan
lol didnt knew about that :O he came to one on the skateparks near me :@ anyways maybe hes just getting the publicity because hes famous and not because he wants it ;) personally i dont like it

18 July 2012 at 10:19

lol didnt knew about that he came to one on the skateparks near me anyways maybe hes just getting the publicity because hes famous and not because he wants it personally i dont like it
Switchfoot
Switchfoot
I haven't heard of it and its not in the skateshops here as far as I know.

18 July 2012 at 22:39

I haven't heard of it and its not in the skateshops here as far as I know.
Brianowennn
Brianowennn
Switchfoot, it's in bigger conglomerate(conglomerate in the sense that they don't only sell skate stuff and are geared towards a more commercial market and sell anything that will make them more money) skate shops, like CCS, Zumies etc. I doubt any real hardcore skate shop will carry it due to the reasons above and how many skaters disagree with it. I have nothing against CCS, I love them, but in all honesty it's a big business and they're gonna' sell what will make them the most money regardless of our opinion.

18 July 2012 at 22:59

Switchfoot, it's in bigger conglomerate(conglomerate in the sense that they don't only sell skate stuff and are geared towards a more commercial market and sell anything that will make them more money) skate shops, like CCS, Zumies etc. I doubt any real hardcore skate shop will carry it due to the reasons above and how many skaters disagree with it. I have nothing against CCS, I love them, but in all honesty it's a big business and they're gonna' sell what will make them the most money regardless of our opinion.
Switchfoot
Switchfoot
Oh yep, we don't really have any of those CCS/Zumies in New Zealand, the biggest chain of skate shops here has like 8 shops nationwide :D

18 July 2012 at 23:06

Oh yep, we don't really have any of those CCS/Zumies in New Zealand, the biggest chain of skate shops here has like 8 shops nationwide
Brianowennn
Brianowennn
Haha, wow! You're lucky! Small skate shops are the best because they're all about the love of skating.

19 July 2012 at 01:09

Haha, wow! You're lucky! Small skate shops are the best because they're all about the love of skating.

JOIN and get FREE skateboard stuff!

"The only sound I ever remember is the sound of the pop, the landing and the riding." - Rodney Mullen