skateboard
Matt Sefton

Skateboard Lessons, Nationwide. Enroll Now.

Tips On Hardflips

MONGAL
MONGAL
im having trouble with my hardflips i dont know if its my feet position, power or just lacking in the know how of the trick

14 August 2012 at 21:25

im having trouble with my hardflips i dont know if its my feet position, power or just lacking in the know how of the trick
im having trouble with my hardflips i dont know if its my feet position, power or just lacking in the know how of the trick :( :( :(

Brianowennn
Brianowennn
In order to help we need to know what your exact problem is, please explain in detail what happens when you try to hard flip, or you could even post a video of your hardflip attempt. I personally put my back foot like a frontside shove and my front foot almost about an inch down from the bolts, very pointed so that when you flick you can immediately get your foot out of the way for the board to do the rotation. For hardflips pop is crucial. The main things to focus on are ; -Popping hard -flicking your foot completely out so it doesn't get in the way of the board's rotation -tucking your legs up to your chest so that your feet stay above the board. For hardflips there's not much scooping involved, so by putting your back foot in front shove position and giving a good solid pop while your front foot flicks out of the way, the board will naturally give it the traditional hardflip style. Where as if you scoop more it'll look more like a frontside varial, which isn't wrong, but it's not necessarily the end result most people want. Hope I helped. Please post what your exact problem is as I said and I'll help you from there. :)

15 August 2012 at 01:44

In order to help we need to know what your exact problem is, please explain in detail what happens when you try to hard flip, or you could even post a video of your hardflip attempt.

I personally put my back foot like a frontside shove and my front foot almost about an inch down from the bolts, very pointed so that when you flick you can immediately get your foot out of the way for the board to do the rotation.

For hardflips pop is crucial. The main things to focus on are ;
-Popping hard
-flicking your foot completely out so it doesn't get in the way of the board's rotation
-tucking your legs up to your chest so that your feet stay above the board.

For hardflips there's not much scooping involved, so by putting your back foot in front shove position and giving a good solid pop while your front foot flicks out of the way, the board will naturally give it the traditional hardflip style. Where as if you scoop more it'll look more like a frontside varial, which isn't wrong, but it's not necessarily the end result most people want.

Hope I helped. Please post what your exact problem is as I said and I'll help you from there.
MONGAL
MONGAL
thanx man oh my problem is that i cant get the kickflip rotation

15 August 2012 at 06:49

thanx man oh my problem is that i cant get the kickflip rotation

JOIN and get FREE skateboard stuff!

"If you can skate, you skate. Whatever." - Steve Olsen