6 in 1 ramp
This 6 in 1 ramp can serve as kicker or box with adjustable height.
What do you need:
- I found an old table, the frame is like a box with iron corners and removable legs. If you can't find a table like this, you can weld it yourself or let someone weld it for you.
- A few (but enough) small beams. I cut them out of one big one and now they fit in the widt
- A wooden plate or sheets that are strong enough. You can use metal sheets if you have those.
- Lots of screws (I'd rather not count all the used screws, sorry). Just get enough, they're inexpensive.
- An electric screw driver.
- An electric drill (small size and big size).
- An metal-saw.
- A wood-saw (preferably electric).
- A metal sheet for a smooth drive-on for the kicker.
Let's start by taking the top wooden plate or sheets and cut it in the right shape to fit the frame of the table or your custom made frame.
I used 2 sheets because one wasn't strong enough in my case.
Drill holes and screw the beams to support the top plate/sheets. Tip: divide the beams over the complete surface.
Take the 4 table legs, saw every leg in 2 parts: 20cm (8inch) and 30cm (12inch). You don't need the rest of the legs.
Drill holes in the frame to attach the top plate/sheets and drill holes in the top plate/sheets. Tip: if you don't want a kicker you dont need to do this.
Done! That was quick and easy, wasn't it? Now you can make 6 different models!
- Manual pad or really low box: don't use any table legs for this.
- Low box (20 cm high): use all 4 short legs.
- High box (30 cm high): use all 4 long legs.
- Box from high to low: use 2 long and 2 short legs.
- Low kicker: use only 2 small legs
- High kicker: use only 2 long legs.
There probably are even more combinations. Use your imagination and be creative.
Tip: you can make a handle on the side, then you can take it with you easily on your bike with the legs in your bagpack.
Good luck, and have fun!
Join the fun!
Create your own free skateboard profile with image and video gallery now in less than 2 minutes!
Members can post comments, vote in polls and open new discussion topics.
And best of all, we reward all our active members with free skateboard stuff from our member shop, where everything is completely free!